Wedding is the most awaited and special moment for one and all. Everyone wishes to make it perfect in all the possible aspects. The beauty and success of any wedding depends on several factors including, venue, food, wedding cards, decoration, catering and other significant ones. When it comes about the brides, the big day means a lot for them personally as well. Every bride wishes to look the most beautiful on her special day and the beauty of bride adds beauty to the overall event as well. While talking about Indian marriages, different types of ornaments play significant roles for bride and Mangalsutra holds the highest place in those. Every lady knows the role of Mangalsutra, but choosing the best one is equally important as well. There are several considerable things before the final decision and some of those are discussed here.
- First of all, You must be sure about the budget range, because the price varies a lot with several designs, metals, patterns, and cuts. The price may vary from very small to very large depending upon the metal. So, be sure about your budget range prior going to shop.
- Mangalsutra was supposed to be made up of Gold only in earlier days, but with the change in time, different metals are being utilized, including white gold, silver, platinum and others. Once you have decided your budget, you must select the metal to go with. Metal selection depends highly on maximum price range, so check if your required metal comes in the budget itself.
- Generally, brides are found following others for design and pattern selection, but it is not the right choice at all. You must go with a design suitable for you only, irrespective of others. You can choose a light and sophisticated design for daily wearing purpose or an intricate large sized pendant, if you wish to wear it at special occasion only. So be specific about your choice while purchasing.
- Pendants come in a wide range of designs and patterns, so you must be wise enough to choose one that suits you the most. Shortlist some of the best designs and try each of them to make sure you are going for a right one.
- Another important thing to consider is the chain length & design. Different brides are seen wearing different length of Mangalsutra in different designs, depending on their comfort level and choice. These both attributes also determines the beauty of this ornament and must be selected wisely. You can go for a long chain or short chain, single chain or double chain, chain with less black beads or chain full of beads, and many others according to your needs.
- Once you are done with metal and design, check it for a match with your ear rings. Your Mangalsutra must match with the ear rings for enhanced beauty and don’t forget this while making final choice.
- Last, but not the least, check the Mangalsutra for its authenticity from the seller. There are several factors determining the authentication of any ornament including jeweler’s identification mark, making year, BIS standard mark, mark of hallmarking centre, purity grade and many others. Consider these to ensure authenticity before final selection.
These are some of the significant factors every bride must consider before buying Mangalsutra.